Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I guess I'll give it a try

Ok, so I have been really inspired by projects around the house and other people's blogs lately, so I decided to give it a try myself. Let's be honest, I needed somewhere to put my pictures of my projects to show my family, haha. But, I figured that since I was getting inspirpation from other people, just maybe by posting some things I could provide some to someone else out there looking just like I was.  My hope is that visitors to this blog will either: be inspired to try a project, get a good laugh at my attempts at a project, or even just feel entertained for the few minutes that they are here. Again, I realize that this will mostly be you, my loving parents and aunts that are always interested when I want to show off my latest attempts :-) Don't be surprised if I throw in the occasional story and picture of my daughter because when it comes to inspiration of any kind, she (along with my handsome hubby) is my best source of it!

So, to get the ball rolling I will start with the counter height bar stool that I wanted to recover just in case we do find out we are getting that new house (long story). And really, the black and gray cover it came with was just bugging me! It was never meant to stay on it as long as it did - this project was long overdue. They are just simple IKEA chairs that I took apart the cover of to use as a pattern for the new cover. Since they had a bit of stretch to them, it was a bit of a gamble using a non-stretch fabric but it worked pretty well, I think.  Thanks to http://www.dana-made-it.com/ for getting me moving on this one. I loved her idea of the oilcloth, especially for the little ones, but wanted to use a fabric to coordinate with the new dining room chairs for the first few months. Plus, it is a slipcover so it can be washed in the meantime. Once Kate is big enough to climb on (and dirty up) these chairs, you can be certain I will be following in Dana's footsteps with the oilcloth!

Before:

Here is the first one (the second is almost done)

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love what you did!
    Will you add some photos to the flickr group??
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1107392@N23/
    Thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful....it is amazing how much nicer they look. They were great before, but now so much brighter and more cheerful.

    ReplyDelete